What is it?
Sadhana is a sanskrit word that can have various meanings, but in this case means a daily practice undertaken in the pursuit of Spirit- that is, the pursuit of becoming more in tune with one’s truest Self. Using the tools of Yoga including (but not limited to) asana, pranayama, meditation, and mantra this course will gradually guide you in establishing your own independent home yoga practice and lay the foundation for a new path of self discovery.
Who is it for?
~ Anyone interested in starting or enhancing their own personal yoga practice or studying the YogaMonks method
~ Anyone interested in practicing beyond the beginning level of YogaMonks asana
~ Anyone interested in deepening their existing yoga practice or begin taking asana beyond the physical body
– Anyone interested in learning and practicing deep breathwork and meditation
~ Anyone who wants to become more in tune with their body, mind, and spirit
~ Anyone interested in learning about the more esoteric practices of yoga
~ Anyone who wants to create more space in their life
~ No previous yoga experience is required
Why would I do it?
Nearly every major spiritual tradition, profession, or fitness activity in the world has some type of recommended daily practice, and Yoga is no exception. In the daily home practice of yoga the practitioner begins to feel the effects of that practice throughout their entire life. Those practicing Yoga Sadhana experience myriad benefits including increased contentment, deepened concentration, improved digestion, greater flexibility, better time management, and the list goes on and on and on. For me personally, over the course of my two years of Sadhana my life has become more and more the way I desire. I’ve met the teachers I’ve been searching for, I’ve let go of habits, thoughts, and beliefs that no longer served me, I’ve found a happy relationship, and I’m generally more content than I’ve ever been before. In short, I and those I know who engage in a regular, daily, sadhana, find that our lives begin to exceed our dreams.
Do I have to quit my other yoga, religious, or fitness practice?
No. Yoga Sadhana is not in conflict with any other religious practice or fitness regiment. If anything, those practicing YogaMonks have found it to be a wonderful compliment to other styles of asana AND other sports, dance, etc. My personal experience has been that my studio yoga practice has excelled by leaps and bounds in combination with my home practice.
What’s the commitment?
The Sadhana course takes place over ten months for one weekend per month. Each weekend will contain six hours over Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Specific times (likely 3-6pm) are TBD once enrollment and location have been verified. The course will start in January 2014 and initial dates are listed below. Outside of the weekend sessions, you must commit to doing the practice for 15 minutes daily.
Where is it?
The location will depend on how many people enroll. It will likely be at The Sanctuary in Tustin, CA, or at my home studio in Costa Mesa.
What’s the investment?
- $1100: Hold your space with $200 deposit and pay $90 per month before each weekend class. Note that the deposit is nonrefundable and binds you to pay for the duration of the 10 month course.
- Pay in Full Rate: $900 due by January 11, 2014
- Payment may be made by mailing a check to Emily or via Paypal using the the links below (4% surcharge applies)
Yoga Sadhana Pay in Full Rate – $936
Yoga Sadhana Deposit – $208
Can I take a class and see if I like it first?
Sure! My class schedule is posted on the “Public Yoga Classes” page under Yoga. Come take a class and chat with me afterward… I’d love to answer any further questions you may have. Drop in classes vary a bit from Sadhana, so be aware that what we do in class may not be exactly what we’ll be doing for home practice.
I can’t make any of the above classes, but I’m interested but want to learn more…
Contact me to express your interest and we can set up a time to meet 🙂
What’s the fine print?
- Minimum enrollment must be met for the program to take place.
- Dates and timings listed are subject to change as enrollment and location details are finalized
- Informed Consent and Finance Agreement are required to be signed prior to class start
- Registration is binding
- The YogaMonks method taught in this course is for the personal use of those enrolled; this method is not to be taught onward by anyone without the express permission of a senior YogaMonks Teacher (eg: Jonathan Monks or Mithila Ubayasekara). Those wishing to teach YogaMonks must first complete two years of Sadhana and then enroll in a YogaMonks Teacher Training.
- If for any reason the course must be cancelled by Emily, full refunds will be issued for all services not rendered