The Ayurvedic Immersion is a ten week program with the goal of providing individuals with a fundamental knowledge of Ayurveda, an understanding of how Ayurveda functions in their bodies and in the world around them, and the tools to enact healing change in their own lives using this wonderful system. During three group classes, the following topics and techniques are planned to be covered. As we study these fundamentals over the course of three weeks, you will work to establish a goal to manifest in your own life.
- Ayurvedic Philosophy
- Fundamentals of Ayurveda: Elements, Qualities, Doshas
- Determining your Ayurvedic Constitution: prakruti & vikruti
- Doshas, subdoshas, and where they are in the body
- Fundamental causes of dis-ease
- Ayurvedic habits and routines
- Choosing proper foods and herbs for each dosha
- Recognizing the subtle doshas
- Pranayama & Meditation techniques for each dosha
- Yoga asana for each dosha
- Five sense therapies
- Self healing through Ayurveda
Following three weeks of group work, the program will include six weeks of the following one on one sessions:
- One consultation to discuss your personal goal(s) and devise a plan to implement your changes
- Weekly check ins and support for five weeks which can be done in person or via phone/ skype/ email
- Four private therapy sessions (may include Abhyanga, Shirodhara, Pranic Healing, or another therapy that will support your personal goal
In the final week, we will all come together in one last group class to learn about each person’s individual journey into Ayurveda and celebrate everyone’s success!
In summary, the program is ten weeks and includes four groups classes, one two hour individual consultation, 5 weekly individual check ins, and four individual healing sessions. The goal is for you to leave this program with the tools to keep using the wisdom of Ayurveda in your own day to day life!
This journey is ideal for yoga teachers, nutritionists, personal trainers, and other holistic professionals wishing to gain more information to share with their clients, and also for anyone wishing to embark upon their own personal journey of health and self discovery.
Saturday, February 1, 2014: 2pm – 5pm
Sunday, February 2, 2014: 2pm – 5pm
Saturday, February 8, 2014: 2pm – 5pm
Two hours to be scheduled at your convenience
Four therapies to be scheduled at your convenience
Weekly check-ins will take place via phone, skype, email or in person if requested
Seventh Chakra Yoga, Huntington Beach, CA
$850/ $100 deposit holds your spot. Register here.